Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thank You Healthcare!

So my healthcare is changing due to the fact that I'm once again a student. December was filled with every doctor appointment I could think of and going over my existing benefits with a fine tooth comb, since who knows what the next plan will offer or how much it will cost me.

But one positive was making use of my $300 hardware credit on my vision plan. When I graduated from college, the only thing I wanted as a gift was freedom from contacts. Since the 5th grade I have worn contacts and before that, glasses (although those were shortlived, I'm not cut out for specs). By 22, my sight had gotten bad enough that I was nervous about losing a contact, the results would be too disastrous. So when the opportunity presented itself, one of the best surgeons in Seattle gave me the gift of sight, 17 seconds on one eye, 19 seconds on the other.

And voila, 20/15 vision for the girl who was almost legally blind. And now, I have a medical reason for still needing to take care of my eyes and it doesn't include coke-bottle lenses.

It includes these:


"Opthamological Grade" Fendi sunglasses. Brought to me by my favorite "preferred provider."

I didn't need another pair of sunglasses, but would you turn down the chance of getting your money back in the form of lightweight tortoise sunglasses that cover just enough of your face to feel mysterious, but not so much that you feel like a poser?

I didn't think so.

No comments: