Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Today has just been one of those days where I feel like I will go to sleep tonight regretting how I spent the day. Don't get me wrong, procrastinating with 9 by Design and various other OnDemand selections felt good at the time, but then you look back on it with regret. It's the to-do list's arch enemy, the equivalent of eating a bag of Cheetos -- so good at the time and then as soon as it's over, you know you did a bad, bad thing.

I did manage to walk to the bank today and also check email, where I found these lovely little $50 dollar items from Daily Candy.

The first is a linen shirt from Nordstrom that I won't be able to buy, because unfortunately, the title is too correct, my boyfriend really does have a shirt like this and the embarrasment of showing up someplace wearing the same thing is enough to make me skip it, even though I really do want it. In all honesty, I might end up getting it and then live a life forever spent phoning ahead to check that we aren't dressed like twins.

Chambray shorts from Gap, that honestly, I can't see looking good on real people, but the concept I love. And sometimes, loving something in theory is just as good as the real thing.

Lastly, in unrelated news, days are numbered for Martin + Osa, so stop by and pick up some of the best tanks I've found lately for cheap. God, I'll be sad to see them go. It's just not right.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

$24.50 for a tank that could also be considered maternity wear? No thanks.

Oh, and by the way, if you and your boyfriend ever decide to live in sin, you wouldn't have to call to see what he was wearing. You would know because you would have washed it or it would be in the dirty clothes.

Because it's the woman's job to do the clothes washing. Except at my house.