Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'll Wear It...

But don't ask me to adopt the lifestyle.

I say more power to you if you have convictions that are strong enough for you to abandon things like Louboutin and Gucci (or rather, the dream of Louboutin and Gucci) but for me, it's more of a "shut up, that's plastic?" bonus.

I recently started carrying this bag which I first fell in love with when my friend, Lisa, bought it on Orcas Island. If you're not familiar with the San Juan Islands, that is unheard of since usually you only choose between a gift shop t-shirt or a cinnamon bun. With her blessing, I bought it the next time I was on Orcas and 4 months later (island time) it was mine.

Now, though, when I get the compliments that I so adore, I blurt out "Oh it's vegan, like, plastic? And it's cheap. Like 70 bucks." I have NO idea why I can't stop this vomit of words that follows the compliment and I chastise myself thinking "that is NOT how Gwenyth accepts compliments on her Stella McCartney, damn you, damn you!" How did a vegan bag make my rule of grasciously accepting compliments fly out the window?

I've been thrown. I'm suddenly socially responsible and socially inept due to a bag.

No comments: