Thursday, November 5, 2009

Let's all hold our breath

I might have finally found a flat black boot to wear this winter. Right now, the odds on favorites are two unexpected players.

In one corner we have the Aigle of France "Start Riding Boot." It's a little unconventional because it's not leather, but hot damn, it looks good. And more importantly, it's an awesome brand known for quality, it's got a slim calf and it's super tall. AND I found them on sale for $103 bucks. I'll be trying them on tomorrow.

In the other corner, we have another unexpected competitor, an honest-to-god riding boot, straight from VictoryCanter.com.

I don't know why I never thought to look for the real McCoy, rather than the department store impostors? Every season, I strike out on finding boots for TWO REASONS. One being that I have a very skinny, Olive Oil calf. Two, is that I also have crazy-to-control legs. Long yes, but possessed I promise. SO, this leaves me with boots only coming up to mid-calf when they should be longer or swimming in boots made for normal-calved people.

But not so with real riding boots. Super long and FOUR different calf sizes. It's unheard of! Also, did I mention the price? $154 dollars. Try finding that at Nordstrom's.

Boo. Yah. (That is to say, if they fit, because thanks to the U.S. postal service, I won't be trying them on for 5-10 business days).

No comments: