Monday, May 17, 2010

What I've been reading...

Last time I really sat down to write, I was heading off to Mexico, and then I quickly came back to AutoCAD and the most boring class ever, "Building Systems and Codes." Snooze.

But in the midst, I've kept up the guilty pleasures.


I literally stayed up all night to finish this book. It's no surprise since everyone is talking about it, but what's one more good review.


It takes a certain kind of nerd, but thankfully I am one of them. I'm an NPR girl through and through and this little nugget was like This American Life in my suitcase. If you never thought the assassinations of McKinley, Garfield and Lincoln could be entertaining, think again.

Not like she isn't a blog sensation, but Erin Gates has a blog I read almost everyday, happily. She mixes it up, her style is approachable and she is down to earth in a way that not many are. Plus, she is straight up dependable, not a weekday goes by without a post, she a force to be reckoned with with.


Tuned in about a week ago and I'm loving it. Sure, there is a gaping hole with no Decorno, but having some content out there that feels even the slightest bit different is ah-mazing. And she's got lots of wonderful pictures with a nice eye for editing -- content makes sense and you're not left on sensory overload.

No comments: