Monday, December 15, 2008

David Collins

I recently saw a posting by Habitually Chic the other day that has got me thinking about success in the design industry.

There seems to be such a range of paths that a designer can take towards finding success in this profession and to me, David Collins seems to have taken talent and passion and turned it into a real, honest to goodness business. I know that we're all doing that, or trying to do it rather, but on a large, obvious scale, he has. I mean, not only has he built a style that he can own, but he's built a shrine to his vision , an empire -- one that is sought after and studied. I know that this might be an obvious post, but in an economic time when everyone is cutting back and layoffs are everywhere, having a lucrative business based on a unique vision is a combination that is harder for some to find than others.

No comments: