Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ode to Celerie

I've been pouring over Celerie Kemble's book "To Your Taste" and realized that I have a bit of a girl crush.

Celerie, your spaces are refreshing, your style and take on design -- inspired. I wanted to give you a big (straight) kiss when you acknowledged that there are no design emergencies, but yet still defended the profession and honored the place that good design has in people's lives. You seem to strike a balance that I find refreshing and I admire the pages where practicality takes center stage with inventive solutions.

Plus, let's face it, you rock a personal style that conjures up a more inspired Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy. Simple elegance, but slightly edged in prep school angst, like Carolyn if she hadn't been preoccupied with being all "Kennedy." I mean, photos of yourself in a marble bathtub? Balls man, balls.

No comments: