Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've been making my list...

Oh I've got shit to do and it's overwhelming. I've got a limited amount of time to cram in all the things that the real world deems important before I take off for awhile and the clock is ticking.

I've got to seriously update my resume, but here's the rub, it's for a serious career change so how the hell do I apply what would be a successful resume in my current profession to an appealing resume for my new desired one? I have no idea?! Insult to injury, I just found out that my work has been nominated for a prestigious award, but hey, guess what? It means nothing to the new one, so big whoop. All of this means I have my work cut out for me with savvy resume writing. Did I mention I have very little experience with actually writing resumes? Serves me right for having the audacity to do what makes me happy.

I also have some interviews to set up and school to apply to. Don't envy me, I know you want to because my life seems so glamorous. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a soon-to-be-unemployed student in the worst economy in recent history? Saving grace is that I'm taking a kickass trip and that I'll hopefully enjoy the new job more than the old one.

This is me, jumping in head first.

No comments: