Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hot and Modern and Leather All Over

I've owned this set of chairs since college, when I had no real home, just a revolving door of rooms that I shared with as many as 4 girls at a time. Clearly that type of living arrangement wasn't conducive to mid-century modern, so I stored them and knew that one day they'd have their shot at a bright future.

After graduating, I pulled them out of my parents garage and now, everyday I look at the sad butter colored suede covering them and dream of when I will finally have my act together & re-upholster them in a deep, chocolate brown leather. Envisioning what they'll look like when the burnished metal gleams against the rich leather gets me through the sad reality that the suede from once-upon-an-owner is ripping more & more each time an unappreciative house guest sits on them.

Some day, my chairs, some day. Just sit tight and try not to rip anymore.

No comments: