Monday, November 17, 2008

xoxo

Somewhere between getting home from work and finishing my DVR'd episode of Gossip Girl, I walked into Bridget Jones' Diary.

I fast-forwarded. I paused. I all-around enjoyed my monday night of Gossip Girl (with about half a bottle of wine). And more importantly, while I welcomed sweats and an unhealthy excitement for teenage melodrama, I saw my roommate off on a "drinks thing" with a promise to break it all down when she got home.

Well, imagine my surprise when I'm interrupted by "guy number two" at my door, complete with a dozen roses and a fatty card bearing her name.

Somehow, she managed to cram two guys into a Monday night, all while I barely made time for network television. I could try to blame a lot of things, but I think that some people just have those lives. Lives where it actually does pour when it rains and roses come unannounced from more men than you can make time for. Some people also make it happen while others get just a little more than they asked for and take it as enough.

I hope "guy number one" was short.

No comments: