Monday, September 14, 2009

Flamant: Tres Chic

It was painfully impossible to post pictures of my trips to various Flamant shops in Europe and then when I got home, well, I forgot that I had been hanging on to all of these sneaky pictures. I made it a priority to go to Flamant in any city that I could, which means primarily Paris and Rome. Sadly, I wasn't impressed by the Rome store, so it didn't make the cut, even though I spent an hour walking there (but hey, it's Rome, so no love lost). The thing about Flamant is that it's so beautiful, they generally frown on pictures being taken. Unless you have the cache of an elderly French woman begging permission for you (the case for me at the Saint-Honore shop) or at Rue Furstemberg, manage to exchange your phone number for the right to "discreetly" snap some pics. My lovely friend thankfully was just their type so she kept them distracted while I raced around taking pictures from the hip -- hence the lack of composition and focus. Net net, I'm not above whoring myself out to shopboys if it means bringing home some Flamant.

8 Rue Furstemberg, 8 Rue De L'Abbaye: two entrances, two addresses means twice the Flamant -- this is the biggest Paris store and it's conventiently close to Laduree. The entry to Rue Furstemberg shop is all greenery and flowers. Walking in, you almost think the store is a florist, but alas, it opens onto wonderful furnishings. Unfortunately, this is where I sold my soul to the French, so no pictures resulted of this area.

I would love to own this coffee table. The proportions and material are ideal, I just wish the photo wasn't so darn blurry. I remember almost being seen taking this particular photo...

I would love to someday own some of their glassware. It's all so beautiful -especially their stemware. It's also gorgeous.







Such a wonderful chair for a bedroom. It was the perfect size and the lines were so romantic in person, without being overly sweet.


Recognize this chair? It was in the other store in white, here it's in a child's bedroom.


They have the most amazing bookcases. This one only gives a taste of the ones that are all over the store. Everything about them is wonderful.


The downstairs of the Rue Saint-Honore shop has a kitchen vignette and again, it's wonderful. Thick Carrera marble on cabinents done in a warm gray. The photo just barely shows that the face of this island is composed of wide planks. Loves it.


I had to get a photo of this staircase for my files. I would love to do this staircase someday.

Such a great wingback, done in a warm taupe/gray linen. Is linen ever wrong? I submit that it is not.

Those branches and hurricanes - stop it! It's just too good. I love the height that branches give and I also love how modern they can make a space look. It's an added bonus that they are the chic version of fake flowers. You get all the ease and longevity without having to be my Aunt Sandie.

Oh I wish I had a better picture of this settee. It was truly awesome. I also love the jardinieres on the table.

If only my friend and I had actually gone out with the shopboys -- I keep thinking of a night that ended with me coercing them to let me back in the shop under the pretense of 'having a little fun.' Wouldn't they have been so disappointed to learn that my idea of fun would have consisted of sitting on all the roped off chairs and playing house in all the different rooms?

Different strokes...

No comments: