Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Man-I-cures & Ped-I-cures

Remember how I've mentioned that I'm going to be out of work soon? Remember how I've mentioned that I'm going on a wallet-depleting trip? And remember how I said I'd rather shop for clothes more than anything? Well I've had to make some choices and this is where I netted out:

Problem: I've 86'ed the seldom-used gym membership
Solution: Heeellllo "Bun Battle"

Realizing that I will not have the money to hire a personal trainer and learn how to work out, I've hired celebrity workout guru Gunnar Peterson. And the beauty? I can learn in the privacy and convenience of my very own home!*

Problem: Scraggly feet and raggedy nails
Solution: Long-forgotten DIY nail bag, elbow grease

Realizing that I really shouldn't be a prissy weenie, I sucked it up and touched my feet. This is a big deal for me since normally I will pay big money to have someone else touch them in a sanitized bowl garnished with fizzies and loveliness. 2 hours (2 hours!!!) later, I had painted hands and toes with only a few smudges to show for it.

*I should probably confess that I watched both workout DVD's while painting said nails and have yet to actually use them in the traditional sense. Just getting a feel for what would be expected of me... didn't want to jump in head first without adequate preparation...

No comments: