Monday, March 9, 2009

See that bookcase?

This is what I need. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've got no place for all the books that I can't part with. It was suggested this weekend that I cram a bookcase into my bedroom and make it nice by choosing bamboo or something in a good material. I almost got in a real fight with them. One, because I have very strong convictions about where bookcases should be placed (not in the bedroom unless they're built-ins) and second, because if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right. I want one that's wide and filled with horizontal lines, that "Billy" business they've got going on at Ikea is an assault on living rooms. If you don't devote the space to make it look intentional, it will end up being known only as a home for things purchased from the "Summer Reads" clearance table at Barnes and Noble. It's a viscious circle.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm not sure how big of a bookcase you are going to need to hold your Twilight saga. I'm guessing you must want to add Sweet Valley High and Babysitter's Club to it as well?

If so, then yes, I agree, IKEA is not the way to go.