Monday, March 23, 2009

Off and Running

This only represents part of my day I promise -- mainly the idea of bacon band-aids on my mangled carpenter hands just makes me laugh and cry.

But, asides aside, today was my first full day of unemployment. After being a little panicked about waking up and not having a routine to answer to, I tried to move on and started working on some furniture projects. My plan for today was this: get the first coat of paint on a desk that I'm going to use in my bedroom, while drying, go to an underwhelming estate sale, and then end the day ripping my hands to shreds deconstructing some bat-shit scary french armchairs.

Mission accomplished, the chairs are stripped and ready for more abuse tomorrow (or vice versa). Thank god they ended up having caning underneath the fabric and padding, otherwise it might not have taken so long and I would have had to panic about what to spend tomorrow on...

Something tells me I'll manage just fine though.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can you eat those band-aids? No? I'd like to try anyway.