Sunday, October 18, 2009

New York

It's official, I'm going to NYC in November. Pretty exciting, considering that I have never been there. Here's the thing though, I want to make sure that I don't miss out on something that I really should see. I'm not much of the tourist type -- I will not be going to see the Statue of Liberty, I won't be going to see the Rockettes. What is on my list right now is the MoMA and a few home stores.

But what I would really love are some recommendations. So if there's anyone out there with some good design recommendations or restaurants that shouldn't be missed, please pipe up.

Thanks in advance, it's an interactive post!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Go to the place where the Duggars ate pizza and try to sit in the same booth that they did.

Oh, and Tiffany so your man can get you the fatty diamond you've been whining to me about wanting.

Brian said...

MoMA is a great call. I've also heard good things about Highline Park http://www.thehighline.org/ but that might not be so awesome in November. I can also see you getting yourself into some financial trouble in Soho and Tribeca so you should try and spend some time there. I guess my one bit of advice is to just allow yourself some time to explore a neighborhood, no need to rush. You'll come back with better stories that way.

With Style and Grace said...

Ok, first - forget about going to NY on budget and second, do you prefer an excel document or PDF?

miss muffett said...

I haven't been there but indulge my fantasy and visit Baby Cakes NYC. It's all vegan, gluten free and mostly sugar free...I know, it sounds like it would blow, but it got voted best bakery in all of NYC last year (seriously!). Chances are you'll have a star sighting as it's Zoey Deschanel's and Natalie Portman's favorite spot. Have fun!

Meg said...

Madame X at the Met. Sometimes famous paintings live up to the hype when you see them in person, and sometimes they don't. It's not my absolute favorite work of his, but I do love the painting.