Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sweaters on the Cheap

Sweaters have been the topic of conversation lately now that it's cold in Seattle, but more than anything, it's the lack of thrill I have when looking at last years champs in my closet. The question this year is how to fill the void without creating another (in my wallet). I've been looking around and I'm not too discouraged by what's out there. All under $100 (some on promotion), all from mass retailers.

Ann Taylor. They've been getting SO much press this season, and rightly so. They have a collection that is much more stylish than usual an well priced. This sweater is on promotion for half price.

The sweater blazer, again from Ann Taylor. Worth a try and different from the usual cardigan. Also half price on promotion right now.

Splendid. One of my favorite brands. I love that this is like wrapping up in a pashmina, but with arm movement! One of the most annoying things about the pashminas I wore at the office all the time was the mobility and the fuss factor. Here, no muss, no fuss. It's available at Piperlime.


Banana Republic

Anne Taylor. Cashmere that is half price, got to love that. What is especially great about this one is that it's timeless. It's reminiscent of J.Crew's cashmere, but way less green.

No comments: