Monday, August 17, 2009

How to feel like a kid again...

In one of those wonderful acts of coming-togetherness, I found myself walking around Greenlake with my mom, sister, 4-year-old son of my other sister, and an 18-week old puppy. Aside from being the most haphazard walkers due to distractions caused by the puppy, distractions caused by the kid and occasional stops induced by Seattle puppy lovers, it was awesome. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have family nearby and how lucky I am to be around the kids in our family... and then thankfully bid adieu when the going gets tough and the screaming starts!

But more importantly, today I felt like a kid when my 4-year old nephew grabbed my hand and started skipping and for some reason, propably in an attempt to make him think I was cool, I started doing it too. And so, we skipped. Him in his little boy body, and me in my big girl body, skipping together & holding hands for good portions of our three miles together.

So if you want to feel young at heart and hopefully win adoration from a little one, skip. And if you really want to draw some attention, sing 'Skip to my loo' for two reasons alone: 1) Why not? And 2) to see if you remember the words.

You will.

No comments: