Monday, August 31, 2009

Missing My Out-of-Towner

A little bit ago, one of my good friends moved and it just hasn't been the same without her around. It's amazing how you can meet someone and realize that you were buying the same clothes, living with the same neuroses and loving the same things without even knowing each other. Then, you meet and it's a friend that fits like a glove because you were practically living beside each other without ever actually meeting.

Well, I miss her. Not only do we not work together anymore, so we can't compliment each other everyday on the clothes that we would have bought if the other hadn't, but we can't even find time to chat due to massively busy lives and the demands of our respective careers.

So, I'm reaching out to her in one of the best ways I can think of. And more importantly, wishing that it's all going well for her. Despite everything.

Open a bottle and share a phone line soon?
(photo courtesy of Heather Clawson)

2 comments:

miss muffett said...

I heard about your blog from the same out of towner whom you dedicated this post to and I feel exactly the same way! Perhaps we can start a an official Lisa Thiele Fan Club Seattle branch; I'm sure we wouldn't be the only two members!
I've heard tons about you - perhaps when she pays Seattle a visit we can meet :)

With Style and Grace said...

Leaving everything that was once comfortable and living in this new world, you realize what's really important and the relationships you can't live without. Can't replace (nor would I want to) my girlfriends.

I miss having a friend (you, obviously) point out when I'm wearing something new and even knowing what brand it is. Ordering 3 rounds of champagne at once just so we can pay HH prices. Bitching when our pants don't want to cover our ass (i've been eating my feelings), and all the other normal things girlfriends who can read each others mind share. I'm almost convinced that we were separated at birth- you just drank your milk and grew into your super model body and I was born lactose in tolerant. go figure.

On a positive note, it looks like we can share our Tuesday evening's together watching 'so you think you can dance' but just a few hundred miles away...

PS. Save your pennies (or just clear your credit card)... I have a few trip ideas for you and I for next year. Baker style, get ready ;)

XOXO from SD
LT