Monday, August 31, 2009

Virtual Shopping Binge: Fall Edition

Well. Not much has changed from the Spring, when I lamented about everything I wanted but couldn't afford. New season, new wonderful items, no money. BUT, what has surfaced is an immense pressure to look cool on my first day of school, and to do it, I might just have to splurge and buy a couple (well-priced) items. Why is it that things always look so much cuter when you can't shop? Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink...

The 'Minnie' from J.Crew. Pretty sure everyone will be wearing them, but why wouldn't they? It's a damn good pant that looks hot with flats. And baby needs flats, I function in flats.

This wool skirt, again from J.Crew. I want to wear it with riding boots and tights. I want to rock it like it doesn't piss with rain and get cold in Seattle. But point of clarification: in black, and never the hell in rust colored tights. Jesus.

So it might be a 'Jenna's Pick,' but when a coat it good, it's good. The 'double-cloth camino coat' (again from J.Crew) is solid. It's got a floating back belt, half-dome buttons and the best collar. Plus, putting on a coat from J.Crew is an experiece that no other coat under $500 dollars can give you. For the money, their coats have amazing liners and great finishings. Perfect.

I'll stop with the J.Crew soon, but I die for this vest. Alone or with a white extra-long sleeve tee under it. And for going out, it's just low enough to be sexy in an understated "I'm really not trying to be hot, shit just happens this way for me" way.

I'll admit, I went ahead and bought these boyfriend jeans from Gap. I broke my rule of no spending and did it for two reasons. One: have you seen how much this look is selling for? I mean well over $100 and that was the sale price of the lowest-priced jean at the Nordtrom Anniversary Sale. And two: When I found these at Gap for an additional $20 dollars off, they were mine for $39. I mean c'mon. They have, in fact, been an amazing purchase since I have barely taken them off due to sheer comfort, and the addition of a new pair of jeans into the fat rotation was a welcome change.

I don't even have the words to tell you how much I love this sweater. THAT is how hot it is. Cashmere from Theory. How can I have this sweater? HOW!?

So awesome, and even more awesome in person, are these zip suede platforms from Loeffler Randall. They're definitely on the virtual list since they are boo-koo bucks and as previously mentioned, I do not work heels. Unless of course they somehow ended up in my closet (then I would feel compelled to wear them).

And so the list ends. Not due to a lack of wanting, but more due to the fact that I'm not a total masochist. I can't put myself through this exercise anymore for the time being. I guess I'll go try to squeeze in to last season's matchstick jeans and make it work...

No comments: